A scam is a term used to define a fraudulent business which takes money or other expensive good from an unsuspecting person. As everything s getting connected to the internet, online scam is increasing rapidly.
There are various types of online scam and it has become very important for everyone to stay safe and defend themselves from online scam. The common type of online scam is phishing, auction fraud, donation scam, catfish, cold call scam, 419, online survey scam and much more.
Giving awareness training or education is one of the cheapest ways of defending yourself from scammers. Banks have started providing education to their employees about an online scam and how to defend them. It is vital for every kind of business to train their workers so that they can avoid online scammers. The points discussed below should be included employee awareness training.
How to spot a scam
- The scammers motivate the buyers to pay full price without the haggling and paying the shipping cost
- The landlord fails to show you inside of the property
- The scammer may claim that the deal is off or takes a check and no other payment method will work or death of a family member is impacting the deal somehow or you will be arrested if you don’t send money
- The scammers ask you to pay in a gift card
- They make an excuse that they are out of town so they can’t meet with you
- The scammer may claim that they have been scammed by the previous buyer so they do the transaction in strange and will take benefit
- They ask for your banking ID details to get the payment and they usually do not use online payment service
- The will not attend your phone call
- They don’t have their company name, email ID on the internet and their name may resemble a global well-known firm
- The scammers will ask you to send money and they will resend it with a bonus.
- They will show more respect and love to you but it is just a show-off.
- The scammer will not be available on the internet or phone call. You may not get an exact number of them. They will keep you calling you from different numbers