Malware is malicious software, which is intentionally designed by the attacker to compromise computer functions, steal data, get bypass access control and cause other damages to computers, servers, clients, system or networks. Malware causes injury to a system after it is implanted to the targeted system. After entering the system, it takes the form of active content, codes, scripts, and software which is difficult to identify.
Types of malware
Malware is a broad term that refers to various malicious programs. Some of the common types of malware are viruses, worms, Trojan, spyware, bugs, ransomware, bots, adware and much more.
How to identify malware
These types of malware differ from each other; they spread and infects differently. Identifying these types of malware is quite tricky but not impossible. Here are a few common symptoms, which they produce while infecting a computer. They increase CPU usage, slow computer and web browser speeds, create problems connecting to networks, freezing or crashing to the system, modifies or delete files and much more.
Maximum malware detection for all
There are various steps one should take to detect malware in their computer system. Installing a right antivirus product will help to identify and detecting malware, using an antivirus with a good history of stability and success which doesn’t slow down the system. Here are a few steps that are used to detect malware in the order.
- Connect the computer to the internet.
- Browse to the well known Microsoft site sysinternals.com.
- After that download process explorer and autoruns. They have everything available on the site and are free.
- Unzips these programs by using procexp.exe for process explorer and autoruns.exe for autoruns.
- Right-click and run the program executable as Administrator, so it’s running in the Administrator’s security context.
- While using process explorer, click on the options menu at the top of the screen.
- Click on VirusTotals.com
- All running executables will be submitted to virus total website. The website runs and is maintained by Google. Click on yes after getting the message for the license.
- A column labeled Virus Total will appear on the process explorer. It provides you a ratio, something like 0/67, 1/67/ and so on.