Cyber attacks are becoming sophisticated each new day. The year 2018 too is not better from the previous years in regard to cybersecurity. Worst yet, 2018 is expected to witness more cyber attacks than the previous years. So, what do you do to keep your business safe this year? If you are looking for trustworthy and reliable cyber security tips, we have you covered. Implement the following tips to reduce your risk of cyber attacks:
Without proper Internet security governance in place, your company may not be able to craft accountability frameworks and oversee whether the risks are being properly and effectively mitigated.
- Make your business operations secure and shield your critical business assets by developing a security program and framework
- Monitor and control the conduct of your employees in terms of cybersecurity
- Safeguard your organization’s reputation and ensure compliance with the laws, regulations, and industry standards
- Develop security policy, processes, and procedures
- Undertake security risk assessment
- Conduct security awareness training to your employees
With the rise in reliance of businesses on cloud computing, big data, and analytics, data security has become a challenge for almost all organizations. Data security is dependent on data privacy to a greater extent.
Use innovative, tested, and proven security techniques, approaches, and standards like discovery, identification, and classification to for data security. Also, analyze the data on the basis of the significance, location, security, and abundance. After satisfying all the conditions and identifying the risk level, you should put in place unshakable measures to make sure the data is protected. Some measures include:
- Encryption and tokenization
- Data discovery and prioritization
- Data loss prevention
- Data access control
- File integrity protection
Network attacks have become advanced and sophisticated. The traditional firewalls, antiviruses, and other defenses no longer protect you from the attackers. Today’s attackers are using very sharp, evasive, and targeted approaches to intrude into your network.
Remember, firewalls alone are not enough to protect your network and systems connected to the network. You need more practical and reliable second line of defense like an intrusion prevention system (IPS) to ward off complex, encrypted attacks, and intrusions. Here are some ways to ensure network security:
- Make sure your network design is secure and has been properly implemented
- Use the next-generation firewall
- Deploy a robust network intrusion detection system
- Use endpoint security technologies like antiviruses, intrusion prevention systems, and vulnerability assessment
- Using methods like data tapping
- Restricting and preventing unauthorized network access
- Camouflaging your wireless network’s SSID
As the number of cyber attacks targeting computers and other digital systems continuously rise, it is becoming crucial for organizations to have a solid system security in place. The failure to protect your systems from theft, damage, misdirection, or interruptions can affect your business and operations in negative ways. Here’s how you can ensure system security;
- Use system hardening
- Use anti-malware
- Implement host intrusion prevention system
- Implement system access control
- Use mobile device management
If you are looking for a reliable and trusted cybersecurity service to defend your business in 2018, contact us now.