Small businesses face lots of challenges in the start like security incidents and subsequent actions. During a survey, a question was asked from IT and cyber security professional working at small and medium-sized entrepreneurs about the major cybersecurity challenges they face. The response was multiple and is as follows:
- One of the significant cybersecurity problems, which more than 28% of Small and medium business entrepreneurs face, is that their firm depends upon many manuals and informal process for cybersecurity.
- More than 27% of the entrepreneurs say that they face difficulties to manage the complication of many disconnected cybersecurity tools.
- More than 25% of respondents said the biggest cybersecurity challenge in small businesses is that the managers don’t understand or support strong cybersecurity.
- One of the biggest cybersecurity challenges in small business is that every employee is not technically trained and the company does not provide cybersecurity training to them, which leads to risk.
- One of the most substantial cybersecurity challenges in small business is that they lack the skill to deal with a modern type of cybersecurity threat.
These are some common cybersecurity challenges in small and medium-sized business. In the last few decades, security products were purchased on an ad-hoc basis and less central strategic. In SMBs the cybersecurity responsibility was handed over to an IT interested worker, who was responsible for giving his best without disrupting the business. In SMBs training related to the use and updated of cybersecurity are not provided on time, which leads to security threats and risks.
The survey discloses that the two-thirds of small and medium-sized business face more than one security incident each year. To deal with these challenges, it is essential to create a cybersecurity strategy that helps to improve business mission, formalizing processes, investing in skill development, and getting executive management on board.
It is essential to have strong cybersecurity for a small and large-scale business to be successful. SMBs should use cybersecurity plans and strategy to improve their business. Having strong security is a required utility to do a successful business.